PTO shafts are used to transfer a specific torque from the tractor power take-off shaft (PTO) to the machine power take-off shaft (WPM). EXPARTO offers complete articulated and telescopic shafts:
Basic PTO shafts are used when the mutual position of the PTO and PTO shafts during continuous operation does not cause the 25° angle of the joint to be exceeded. They transmit torques: 220NM, 300NM, etc……
Wide angle PTO shafts are used when the mutual positioning of the PTO and PTO shafts may cause hinge fracture up to 50° in continuous operation and 80° in momentary operation. These shafts allow continuous transmission without having to disengage the drive on headlands. They transmit torques of: 300NM, 400NM, etc…..
Basic and wide angle PTO shafts can be fitted with the following safety clutches as required:
– Overload clutch, Automatic overload clutch, Friction clutch, Friction clutch with disc spring, One-way friction clutch, One-way friction clutch with disc spring, Shear pin clutch, One-way clutch
During production the following are checked:
- External geometrical dimensions such as length, outside diameter. Measurements are taken using a specially equipped CNC measuring machine. Internal dimensions, such as inner diameter, are checked using a CMM and control and measuring tools, such as two- and three-point feeler gauges and internal micrometers.
- Hardness – hardening of the entire workpiece after the machining process ensures a uniform, very high hardness, which is checked using Vikers and Rockwell hardness testers
- Chemical composition – even the best technological process cannot ensure 100% quality if the input material is incompatible. Exparto checks the chemical composition as soon as it enters the factory to ensure that all subsequent processes are correct.
- Microscopic and metallographic examination of steel parts As one of few suppliers we carry out metallographic inspection after the hardening process of working parts of power transmission shafts. It is an examination allowing for checking heat treatment parameters and determining its correctness.
- Testing of polymer parts with the use of Shora D-type hardness testers and a UV ageing chamber. We test the resistance of shaft covers to cracking, which guarantees safe operation.
EXPARTO has all components of articulated telescopic shafts in various variants, i.e:
Shafts for torque transmission 220; 300; 400;
Possible angles of deflection 25°; 50°; 80°
Overload clutch (SP)
Automatic overload clutch (SPA, SSPA)
Friction Clutch (SC)
Friction clutch with disc spring (SB)
One way friction clutch (SD)